The American Medical Association (AMA) delivered updates to the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code set for 2022. The new code set is expected to smooth out issues and follow mandatory precautions taken for COVID-19 in detail, among all different updates.
New 2022 CPT code set:
- The AMA has rolled out 405 article improvements, including 249 new codes, 93 corrections to existing codes, and the deletion of 63 inactive codes.
- The CPT code set joins a progression of 15 antibody explicit codes to proficiently report and track inoculations and authoritative administrations against COVID-19
- 43% of article changes are attached to new innovation administrations depicted in Category III CPT codes and the proceeded extension of the Proprietary Laboratory Analyses (PLA) part of the CPT code set
- Because of the high speed of development in computerized medication benefits, the AMA made 5 new CPT codes (98975, 98976, 98977, 98980, 98981) to report helpful remote observation.
- The AMA additionally made new codes for chief consideration of the executives (99424, 99425, 99426, 99427), which permit doctors and qualified medical care experts to report care to the board administrations for patients with one complex constant condition.
At Amromed LLC, we pride ourselves that our team of experts who stay constantly updated do a comprehensive study with any new updates, and understand the ABA insurance eligibility verification process prior to the initiation of services. We also do ongoing verifications. We take extra steps to explain benefit details to providers, so they can offer services within the scope of the benefit limitations.
Reach out to us and learn more about the new codes and how it can affect the medical billing obligations we can help you with.